Electronic Resources and Acquisitions Support Specialist
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks an innovative and
knowledgeable professional to support the technical infrastructure needs for
electronic resources and acquisitions functions at the
University Library. This is an Academic Professional
position for a librarian who possesses the requisite skills, experience,
and/or demonstrated knowledge from course work. The Support Specialist will
work in the Acquisitions unit within the Technical Services Division of the
Library. The successful candidate will work in a team environment with those
division faculty and staff responsible for the management of electronic
resources and acquisitions work, as well as with IT staff in providing
technical support for the Library's OpenURL link resolver, which is currently
SFX. The work will include support for the tools, as well as the daily
processes, to load, convert, and update resources or records to support the
access and assessment of electronic resources, and for the Acquisitions unit's
record management needs. The position will assist in the maintenance of SFX,
in troubleshooting access problems, and will also assist in managing the
reports and documentation necessary to support electronic resources and
acquisitions work. This position reports to the Head of Acquisitions.
* ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science.
* A minimum of two years of library work experience and significant familiarity with library applications and procedures for electronic resource management, OpenURL link resolvers, and integrated library systems modules used in technical services.
* Demonstrated understanding of continuing resources, including awareness of issues from the perspective of vendors, publishers, and aggregators and that relate to platforms and licensing.
* Ability to communicate and work well with colleagues across units and ability to understand variant perspectives on shared work.
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills, and customer service skills.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Specific job duties and additional preferred qualifications can be found at
the official job URL.
To apply visit this web site: https://jobs.illinois.edu/.
Application Deadline: May 2, 2014
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13421/