Florida State University
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other appropriate degree and two years experience or a combination of appropriate post high school education and experience equal to six years.
* Minimum one (1) year experience programming on UNIX-based systems using LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySql and PHP) stack or equivalent.
* Demonstrated proficiency and experience in at least one web development language (PHP, perl or Python).
* Ability to write documentation and communicate effectively in a team environment.
* Highly developed problem solving skills.
* Experience with, and enthusiasm for, open source software principles, development and tools.
* Drupal or other open source Content Management Systems experience.
* Practice working with versioning systems (Git, SVN or equivalent).
* Familiarity with XML, XML schema, and XML tools (XPath, XQuery, XSL, etc.)
* General knowledge of Digital Asset Management systems and library metadata standards (MARC, MODS, METS) a major plus.
This developer works on a variety of library web applications under the
guidance of a senior developer. Works in a team environment to support
existing and new library applications as needed.
Major responsibilities include installing, developing and/or maintaining
locally-written and open source web applications. Drafts specifications,
coding, testing, debugging and documenting new and existing applications (some
are vendor provided). May include gathering requirements from
users. Highest priority will be given to the ongoing
development of the FSU Digital Library built on the Islandora platform
Participating in Digital Scholarship project teams as the technical member.
Monitors traffic, analyzes usage, and contributes to performance tuning and
Performs other duties as assigned.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14068/