Student Intern, Digital Media Lab
Kitchener Public Library
Kitchener Public Library has a summer job opportunity for a student to provide
a high level of customer service assisting library users in the Kitchener
Public Library's Digital Media Lab. This position will report to the
Coordinator, Information Services and requires an individual with strong
instructional and coaching skills, strong verbal and written communication
skills, and initiative to learn new technologies, research problems and
evaluate and implement solutions.
• Provides a high level of customer service to library users in the digital
• Provides one on one and small group instruction to the public and staff on
digital media technologies.
• Creates tip sheets and other resources to support and promote digital media
at the library.
• Demonstrates digital media hardware and software.
• Translates technical information to learners at different levels of computer
experience, comprehension, learning styles, comfort with technology, and
sometimes limited education.
• Troubleshoots and resolves end-user digital media hardware and software
related questions and problems.
• Plans own workload to meet deadlines established in consultation with the
• Ensures security of KPL information and hardware in accordance with
• Follows safe work practices and procedures in support of KPL's Safety and
• One year or more of post-secondary education
• Demonstrated effective skills using computers, social media and digital
media resources and equipment
• Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a customer service focus
• Strong instructional and coaching skills
• Ability to prepare written materials for non-technical learners
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to analyse and resolve technical problems
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14086/