University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries is seeking forward‐thinking,
dynamic applicants for the position of Digital Archivist. Reporting to the
Head of Special Collections, this position ensures the long‐term preservation
of born‐digital materials, facilitates the digitization of Library materials,
and provides access to digital holdings.
In strong collaboration with Library Systems, the University Archivist, and
Manuscripts Curator, the Digital Archivist will develop processes, procedures,
and specifications for collecting, preserving, and providing access to
born‐digital records and hybrid collections; investigate, plan, and manage
format conversions and migrations; plan, coordinate, and implement workflows
for digital content creation, including quality control procedures,
prioritization of production to develop high levels of productivity; provide
training in processes and specifications for digital collection creation;
coordinate and supervise special projects; and collaborate with the Web
developer and other staff for online exhibits and other discovery tools,
including social media services.
* Master's degree in Library or Information Sciences or a Master's degree in Archival Science or equivalent advanced degree.
* Have knowledge of appropriate digital library technologies and related best practices for digital object creation
* At least one year of experience in digital preservation or information management
* Digitizing and working with digital content
* Implementing and maintaining digital content management systems.
* Have progressively responsible experience with the concepts and software/hardware applications used in managing and presenting digital information.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the creation and use of digital objects,
* Experience in curating digital content in an archival repository,
* Large‐scale digitization in an academic environment,
* Experience with metadata extraction, transformation, and repurposing,
* Ability to plan, coordinate and implement effective programs, complex projects and services
$47,412 (flexible, depending on qualifications). This is a full‐time A&P,
For a complete job description and to apply, please use STARS, the Streamlined
Applicant Referral System, at https://www.utsajobs.com. Please reference
requisition no. 20140150. For additional assistance, please call UTSA Human
Resources at (210) 458‐4250.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13440/