Information Technology Librarian
Mount Saint Mary's University
Mount St. Mary's University seeks a librarian to fill a new and innovative
position. The successful candidate reports to the Dean of the Phillips Library
and serves the faculty and students of the University by coordinating the
development of new technology applications that support library programs and
The successful candidate will provide management and leadership in planning,
implementing, maintaining and improving the Library's information systems and
digital services. The librarian will identify emerging technologies and
develop programs and best practices for the Phillips Library, and will work
collaboratively with library and IT staff, faculty and students.
1. Manage our new WorldShare (OCLC) service (catalog and resources discovery).
2. Supervise operation and effectiveness of interlibrary loan service
3. Manage digital resources collection (database products and licenses),
EZproxy (user authentication software), MSM digital repository.
4. Assist in development and maintenance of Library website.
1. The Information Technology Librarian leads the Library's digital
initiatives in collaboration with librarians, faculty, and administration.
2. Provides expertise in identifying, evaluating, and making recommendations
concerning the use of new and emerging technologies.
3. Provides leadership and coordination for planning, implementing, and
training for the adoption and integration of new technologies.
4. Evaluates user-side applications and their significance in information
systems design and resource delivery.
5. Participates in regional and/or national professional activities to advance
the development of digital library resources.
6. Develops, implements, and maintains digital services, workflows and
7. Assists library users with their research needs.
8. Participates in the academic department liaison program including library
9. Coordinates library technology services with Mount's Frederick campus.
MLS/MLIS/MIS degree from an ALA accredited program at time of appointment;
experience with electronic information services and library systems and their
applications for reference and instruction; experience with and strong
commitment to reference service and library instruction; working knowledge of
basic Microsoft Office applications, Web development tools, and social media;
effective oral and written communication skills; assignment may require
working some evenings and/or weekends.
1. Demonstrated enjoyment in working with the challenges of using technology
applications in the provision of library services.
2. Knowledge of current trends in digital library development, digitization
standards and preservation, and rights management issues relating to digital
3. Ability to work independently and effectively across organizational lines
and in collaboration with a variety of individuals and groups.
4. Ability to learn and teach new technologies quickly, as well to effectively
interact with others who possess a range of technological backgrounds.
5. Ability to provide training and instruction on processes to individuals or
6. Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to customer service.
7. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
8. Knowledge and experience with current metadata schemes and evolving
9. Effective communication, interpersonal, organizatio
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14430/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/