Sr. Architect DevOps
Ann Arbor, MI
ProQuest is seeking a** Senior Architect - DevOps**
This person is responsible for software/platform infrastructure and
deployment. At ProQuest we need to create a strong DevOps
team to lead our configuration management and release platform. You will have
shared responsibility for deploying releases and will play a large role in
helping us make the transition to be a fully cloud-based platform. To succeed,
you should have experience with various version control systems (Perforce,
Subversion, Git, etc), build tools (Jenkins, Apache Ant, Apache Maven, etc)
and cloud automated deployment tools (Chef, Puppet). Your goal is to fully
automate the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general
configuration management. You will be working closely with development, QA,
and product teams.
**Some of what you'll be doing:**
* Interacts with the lead software development organization on a day-to-day basis by gathering and organizing build requirements, providing status, and ensuring that the stakeholders are informed and satisfied with the end product.
* Builds and maintains different software environments.
* Builds and maintains source control systems
* Deploys PQ products and maintains build infrastructure.
* Creates tools to support the development organization.
* Oversees tools that monitor/measure the results of software systems (e.g. Cacti, Gomez)
* Proposes, develops, reviews, and revises, new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
* Executes on multiple projects at one time, balancing numerous needs, yet still delivering on time.
* Oversees applications and systems of a complex nature.
* Provides training to other team members.
* Keeps informed of, proposes and evaluates new hardware / software for company use.
* Evangelizing DevOps practices and automation internally and externally
* Creation and editing of cookbooks for Chef
* Creation and editing of auto-scaling strategies
* Deep Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies with Jenkins or similar
* Maintenance of automated tooling code in Ruby and/or Python at expert level
* Maintenance of Continuous Integration platform for our infrastructure code
**What you'll need to be successful:**
* Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 8+ years of software development experience
* Understanding and application of several programming/scripting languages
* Ability to work with software configuration management systems
* Level-appropriate experience with:
* Servers/computer hardware and software
* DNS, including diagnostics with Unix tools
* Very good understanding of networks and common protocols
* Linux, Unix, Windows
* Very knowledgeable in Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack
* Auto scaling knowledge
* Advanced knowledge in monitoring and performance statistical analysis
* Proficiency in development supporting tools such as various VCS (Git, SVN, etc.)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
* Capable of working independently and as part of a team
* Excellent researching and problem solving skills
* Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
* Effective execution working in a distributed team model, including successful consensus-building and managing complex interdependencies
* Ability to act as a mentor
* Ability to support systems after hours or on weekends
**Here's what you want to know about ProQuest**
_Fantastic people:_ Where smart is the norm and unique is
_Fun location:_ Restaurants all around, within walking distance to Briarwood
Mall, and approximately 3 miles from Downtown Ann Arbor.
_Great benefits:_ On-site events,
flexible scheduling and wellness programs, plus Bike to work benefits.
_Awesome office environment_: Nice office, jeans are the
norm and unlimited complimentary coffee and tea for the caffeine craved
_Amazing company:_ Annual compensation reviews, generous
bonuses, along with being voted as one of the Top Places to Work by Detroit
Free Press, three years in a row!
_ProQuest_ connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide
seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of
the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of
serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social
science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The
company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves
beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content--
accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn't quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on
our "Career" page under About Us. ProQuest's corporate
office is located in Ann Arbor, MI.** www.Proquest.com**
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14378/