Librarian / Assistant Professor
Boise State University
Boise State University Albertsons Library is a creative and fast-paced library
focused on supporting faculty and student research through the active
development of ScholarWorks, the university's institutional repository, and
through the creation of new data management services.
Applications are invited for a full-time 12-month, tenure-track Librarian and
Assistant Professor position. Utilizing excellent
communication skills, the Librarian will provide primary support to faculty in
disseminating their work via ScholarWorks and will collaborate with other
library and university employees to provide scholarly communications and data
management services. The position reports to the Scholarly
Communications and Data Management Librarian and works both individually and
collaboratively with one Librarian Assistant.
* Managing ScholarWorks' mediated-deposit processes, including securing appropriate permissions from both authors and publishers
* Supporting faculty in disseminating their scholarship including consulting on author rights, and creating and maintaining individual researcher pages
* Developing and managing unique repository collections
* Collaborating with library staff from various units to develop and deliver new scholarly communication and data management services
* Boise State University LibrariesServing as a liaison for at least one academic department, including providing library instruction
* Master's degree from an ALA-accredited Library and Information Science program
* Minimum 1 year working with institutional repository systems
* Knowledge of relevant scholarly communications and intellectual property issues such as copyright, author rights, and publishing agreements
* Knowledge of relevant metadata standards such as Dublin Core, METS, MODS
* Familiarity with data management issues such as data management planning, metadata schemas, and federal data management requirements
* Demonstrated ability to meet criteria for promotion and tenure
* Experience working with the Digital Commons institutional repository platform.
* Experience providing consultation and outreach services regarding scholarly communication issues
* Experience providing data management services
Salary and benefits: Salary based on qualifications.
Minimum $44,000 with a comprehensive benefit package. This
is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status
and academic rank.
Application Information: Send electronic cover letter of
application, resume, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three
professional references to [log in to unmask] (preferred method) or mail
Boise State University
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1430
Review of applications will begin on June 1, 2014 and continue until the
position is filled.
About the University:
About the City of Boise:
About the Library:
Background Investigations - Any offer of employment at Boise State University
will be contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background
investigation and may require a credit and/or motor vehicle background
investigation depending on the position. To view the University's full
Background Investigations policy, please go to http://policy.boisestate.edu
Drug-Free Workplace - It is the policy of Boise State University to maintain a
drug-free workplace and campus. For more information about this policy, please
go to http://policy.boisestate.edu/human-resources/drug-and-alcohol-free-
Jeanne Clery Statement - The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy
and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and
universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and
disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job
applicants. To read the Boise State University Safety Report go to
Boise State University is a SMOKE FREE campus. For more information please go
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through
cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and
nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented
groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference. Please go to
http://hrs.boisestate.edu/resources/eeoaa/ for more information.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14507/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/