IT Digital Library Architect
Design, implement and manage a broad range of information technology-based
systems and services for the global library department at Agilent
Technologies. Maintain the department's intranet presence with a passion for
helping to shape a 21st century corporate digital library.
Responsible for ongoing maintenance of library servers and related technology
to ensure 24/7 accessibility, functionality and stability for a global
employee base. Routinely monitor overall performance and security of library
Will work with a highly collaborative team of librarians serving the entire
company in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Will explore and report
on emerging technologies as potential library applications. Will provide
regular and consistent updates to management on resolution of technical
issues. Will work with management on long-term strategic plans for the ongoing
development of digital technologies that keep pace with current standards.
Must have implemented recent web-based applications using LAMP (Linux, Apache,
MySQL, Perl/PHP) based solutions. Will maintain and extend existing library
applications as needed by library staff and end users. Website management
includes knowledge of the DRUPAL content management system and involves
content updating, template management, system upgrades and support and
maintenance of AgilePedia, the editable internal encyclopedia of Agilent. Also
requires interaction with our integrated library system vendor for upgrading
and maintaining Sirsi Unicorn software.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree or University Degree or equivalent
• Typically 8+ years relevant experience in Corporate IT support
• A strong curiosity for identifying and implementing cutting-edge software in
the corporate environment
• Ability to work within a Linux command shell environment
• Experience scripting in Perl or PHP is preferred
• Experience with Apache or MySql is preferred
• Proven ability to work across global IT teams and with vendor tech support
• Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS), preferably DRUPAL and some
familiarity with WordPress or Joomba!.
• An understanding of the DRUPAL backend system and configuration scripts,
databases tables and extensions is preferred
• Working experience in a digital library environment is strongly preferred
o Records set-up
o Cataloging SW
o Establishing Search tools
• Experience managing 3rd part vendors/contracts is helpful
The preferred location is in Santa Clara, CA. However we will consider other
locations for the right candidate.
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran
status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14511/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/