Network and Systems Administrator
Paul Smith's College
Paul Smiths, NY
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Paul Smith's College seeks an exceptional, creative, and agile Network and
Systems Administrator, responsible for managing, maintaining, and implementing
all network- and systems-related technology on campus. Working closely with a
team of IT professionals on a small college campus, the Network and Systems
Administrator will be on the front lines of implementing; maintaining and
improving essential IT services that help the Paul Smith's College community
* Support the systems and network infrastructure such as servers, switches, firewall, wireless controllers, and access points.
* Contribute to system/network design and implementation.
* Assist the IT team with the implementation of new projects.
* Develop scripts to help automate processes and assist campus initiatives.
* Assist with escalated Help Desk Tickets.
* Share on-call responsibility with the IT team.
* Partner with the rest of the IT team to build and maintain the systems infrastructure on time and on budget.
* Establish and maintain vendor relationships related to IT infrastructure to ensure efficient and sustainable use of college resources.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, as well as any applicable certifications.
* 7+ years of experience in an IT-related field.
* 3+ years as a Windows/Linux System Administrator and/or demonstrated ability.
* 3+ years as a Network Administrator.
* Backup monitoring and maintenance experience.
* Experience with the following technologies:
* Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012
* VMware vCenter and ESXi
* CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu
* iSCSI SAN
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Office 365 with DirSync
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Microsoft IIS
* Apache HTTP Server
* BIND DNS
* Cisco and HP Switches
* Dell SonicWALL NSA an SRA appliances
* Dell AppAssure Backup
* Roxio Retrospect Backup
* Ability to design, lead, and see projects through from inception to completion.
* Experience training junior members in technology.
* Excellent communication skills, ability to correspond clearly and in a timely manner
* Excellent research skills as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills and a desire to work with faculty, staff, and students.
* Ability to set goals, understand and follow directions, meet deadlines, keep accurate records, plan ahead, and anticipate problems.
* Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team.
* Ability to remain calm during difficult situations, cope with pressure, and work with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to assess, prioritize, and manage tasks with appropriate attention to detail.
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends and to travel when necessary.
Desired Technical Qualifications:
* Fluent in one or more programming languages (PHP, Visual Basic, Visual C++, etc.).
* Fluent with one or more scripting languages (PowerShell, BASH, VBscript, etc.).
* Experience with cloud technologies including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS architectures and how they integrate with on-campus infrastructure (storage, authentication, single sign on, etc.).
Applicants may submit a letter of intent, resume, and contact information for
three professional references. Electronic submissions are
strongly encouraged and should be sent in Word format to: Mailing
address: Human Resources Generalist, Paul Smith's College, PO Box 265, Paul
Smiths, NY 12970. (518) 327-6161.
Paul Smith's College values diversity in the College community and seeks to
assure equal opportunity through its continued Affirmative Action program.
Phelps Smith Administration Building
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14583/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/