Apologies for the cross postings . .
LAC Group is seeking a Senior Library Technician for a long-term, 5-year, contract with a prestigious federal library, focused on education, located in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, benefited, position on a recently awarded contract to run the library and information services. The library serves the agency's department, public, education community and other government agencies. The Senior Library Technician conducts all aspects of interlibrary loan operations (ILL), staffs the circulation desk, searches online databases, and performs acquisitions of supplies and other materials. This position may be required to provide ready reference service and process incoming books, as needed. US Citizenship is required for this role.
* Manages ILL requests in OCLC WorldShare, including item verification, lending and borrowing, preparing and responding to request/loan forms, receiving and returning requested items, and communicating with requestors and lenders. Designs workflows to ensure requested materials are expeditiously obtained and delivered, and that materials required by other libraries are promptly supplied.
* Assists patrons with questions concerning submission, verification, retrieval, and delivery of interlibrary loan requests and materials. Reminds patrons of overdue ILL materials; ensures that all materials are recovered.
* Maintains monthly ILL borrowing and lending statistics and copyright compliance records. Produces a monthly report of monograph and journal titles borrowed by the Library.
* Searches library databases for specific citations requested by patrons and delivers the results; orders items not owned by the library either via ILL or from document delivery services, when appropriate.
* Staffs the circulation desk as requested; performs daily circulation functions; makes sure library equipment is working and reports issues; provides prompt and courteous customer service; may provide ready reference service; and refers research questions to reference librarians.
* Performs product research, materials selection and systems research on library equipment.
* Designs historical and topical displays of library materials.
* Orders new books using the ILS acquisitions module; orders library supplies and other items as requested; tracks all purchases by the contract. Troubleshoots problems with orders.
* Processes new books with security tape and property tags as needed.
* Contributes to special projects as assigned.
* Stays abreast of current trends in interlibrary loan and document delivery services.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in technical services, including provision of interlibrary loan using OCLC (including WorldShare) and circulation desk experience.
* Minimum 1 year of experience with the circulation and acquisitions modules of integrated library systems.
* Experience searching online databases such as EBSCO and ProQuest and in ordering from commercial document delivery services.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills.
* Familiarity with copyright law as it affects ILL services.
* Experience working in a customer service capacity.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* U.S. citizenship required.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/aLFbvk
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies