Do you love writing for elegant, user-friendly websites?
Would you jump at the chance to work with a team of clever and talented Web Content Developers and Designers in developing the next generation of fully integrated and engaging online library experiences?
Johnson County Library, a vibrant, forward-looking public library, seeks a dynamic, creative, committed individual to serve as Web Content Developer with primary responsibility for writing, creating, repackaging and managing content for the Library’s website; contributing to a lively social media presence; and analyzing Library and community information needs to plan for short and long-term site development.
As a member of the Web Content Team, the position reports to the Web Content Manager and works with three other Web Content Developers and the Web Designer as well as other library colleagues, patrons, and community partners to provide access to ideas, information, experiences and materials that support and enrich people’s lives.
• Master’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: Library/Information Science (ALA accredited school), Journalism, English, Communication, Information Design or related field.
• 2 years of experience in technical or non-fiction writing, online publishing or information design.
• 1 year experience in meeting facilitation and project management.
• Previous experience in HTML.
• Analytical skills, including research skills, ability to interpret data, conceptualize, analyze information and write formal recommendations based on findings.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication, organization and leadership skills, plus strong attention to detail.
• Experience working in libraries.
• Experience with usability studies and user-centered design practices; working with Drupal and Wordpress.
• Expertise in training, education or library instruction; website and graphic design; Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat; content management; social networking software; web-based applications such as RSS; and CSS.
Salary range: $18.54 - 26.38/hr
Contact: Please apply online at www.jocolibrary.org/jobs. Applications received by May 15 will receive first consideration.