Princeton Theological Seminary Library, Princeton, New Jersey invites applications for the position of Digital Archivist.
Reporting to the Curator of Special Collections and Archivist, the Digital Archivist leads efforts to implement digital archives, digital special collections and works with others to plan, develop and implement an electronic records program.
• Applies archival best practices to collecting, organizing, describing, preserving and making available for access digitized, born-digital and traditional archival and special collections materials.
• Works with others to develop and implement a program for acquisition, arrangement, description, preservation and access of electronic records of permanent value.
• Provides technical programming and operational support for archival digital content and electronic records management.
• Master’s degree in Library or Information Science with concentration in archives management or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with two years of relevant experience.
• Experience working with data structure standards relevant to digital materials: EAD, Dublin Core, METS, MODS, PREMIS, XML, DACS, EAC-CPF, VRA Core.
• Experience with one or more programming languages such as PHP, Java, Perl, XSL/XSLT/XPath/XQuery.
• Experience with or knowledge of digital forensics.
• Familiarity with document management systems and with archival management software: Archivists’ Toolkit, ArchivesSpace, Archive-It.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume by:
(1) email - [log in to unmask]; or
(2) fax - (609) 924-2973; or
(3) mail –
Princeton Theological Seminary
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 821
64 Mercer Street
Princeton, NJ 08542-0803
Complete and submit an application form which is available by:
(1) calling (609) 497-6948; or
(2) stopping by the Human Resources Office M-F, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(3) Downloading a copy of the employment application form (PDF) athttp://www.ptsem.edu/uploadedFiles/Seminary_Relations/Communications_and_Publications/About_PTS/EmploymentApplication.pdf
PRINCETON THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER