STEM Liaison/Emerging Technologies Librarian
The Daniel Library at The Citadel invites qualified applicants for the
position of STEM Liaison/Emerging Technologies Librarian. The successful
candidate will have multiple roles including liaising to the School of
Engineering and the School of Science and Mathematics as well as providing
support to the Systems Librarian. This is a full-time, twelve-month, tenure
track faculty position reporting to the Director of the Daniel Library.
Liaison librarians cultivate partnerships with faculty to develop and deliver
instructional and collection development services to support the college's
research and teaching initiatives. The successful candidate will have
demonstrated the ability to work in a complex, changing environment with a
resourceful, flexible, and innovative attitude, and he or she will have a
proven capacity to work effectively and collegially in teams with staff at all
levels as well as with faculty and students. Tenure and promotion are
dependent upon continuing library service effectiveness, professional growth
and development, scholarship, and service to the college and community.
Additionally, relevant ongoing professional development is expected. Some
evening/weekend hours and minimal travel are required.
**The STEM Liaison Librarian duties (65%):**
* Serve as the liaison to the School of Engineering, which includes three departments: Civil and Environmental Engineering; Electrical and Computer Engineering; and, Engineering Leadership and Project Management, and to the School of Science and Mathematics which includes five departments: Biology; Chemistry; Health, Exercise and Sport Science; Mathematics and Computer Science; and, Physics.
* Collaborate with the Education Liaison Librarian in outreach support for the Citadel STEM Center for Excellence.
* Proactively seek partnerships with faculty and students in the School of Engineering and the School of Science and Mathematics to develop, deliver, and assess information literacy and other library based initiatives.
* Maintain existing online research guides and develop new innovative online research tools for science, engineering, math and related disciplines.
* Provide general and subject-specific reference and research assistance through individual consultations at the Research and Information Desk, through virtual reference services, and during library instruction sessions.
* As a member of the Instruction team, and under the direction of the Instruction Coordinator, the STEM librarian will also contribute to the development and teaching of the freshmen orientation course (Citadel 101) library sessions.
* Create value-added services, resources, and programs to liaison departments and users.
**Emerging Technologies Librarian duties (35%):**
* Serve as primary back-up to the Systems Librarian.
* Assist in the daily management of select library systems including LibGuides CMS, LibAnswers, and EDS.
* Collaborate on innovative technology centric projects.
**Minimum and Additional Requirements**
* An ALA-accredited Master's Degree in Library/Information Science.
* Minimum of 2 years of library experience in any STEM area providing reference, information literacy, consultation, or liaison services.
* An understanding of the current research, information sources, and scholarly trends in STEM fields.
* Knowledge of emerging issues and technologies in science librarianship.
* Strong computing, communication, interpersonal, written, and presentation skills.
* Enthusiasm for collaboration and ability to work effectively in a collegial team-based environment.
* Initiative and innovative problem-solving skills.
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, math, physics, or related discipline.
* Administrative experience with any of the following technologies: ILLiad, EDS, EZProxy, Millennium, or ContentDM
The Citadel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer actively
committed to ensuring diversity in all campus employment.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15098/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/