Director, Visual Media Lab
CUNY Graduate Center, Art History
New York City
**Director, Visual Media Lab
CUNY Graduate Center, New York, NY**
**Position summary**: Under general supervision of the Graduate Center Executive Officer of the Ph.D. Program in Art History, the Visual Media Lab oversees the program's 200,000+ images currently on a LAMP platform database, direct cataloging/data entry of visual media, supervises training and instruction of graduate fellows in cataloging and scanning images, and collaborates with the GC Library and other GC digital projects, including the Digital Humanities Initiative, as appropriate. The Ph.D. Program in Art History at The Graduate Center of The City University of New York is dedicated to the development of scholars, teachers, museum curators, art critics, and other arts professionals.
**Online description**: http://tinyurl.com/nelaqjy
• Provide technical and database expertise related to digital design and
• Coordinate the efforts to implement and disseminate electronic media
• Coordinate maintenance of the Art History Ph.D. Program website and
designated social media.
• Participate in digitization and imaging planning and its application to the
• Develop catalog policies and standards and adheres to communications and
• Conduct workshops for faculty/students in digital presentation techniques.
• Provide timely fulfillment of faculty/student requests for images and other
• Manage electronic and multi-media communications.
• Oversee scheduling, operation and maintenance of departmental projection
• Conduct tutorials for students in preparation for departmental and
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience
• Bachelor's degree in Library Sciences or Art History
• At least 6 years of experience in managing collections of Visual Resources
• Proficiency in web design/technologies and digital communications
• Strong communications skills with ability to interact effectively across the
• Knowledge of a Graduate Art History program
**Compensation**: commensurate with qualifications and experience
**Benefits**: CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
**How to apply**: Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Job Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. Job Title: Communications Electronic Media Manager; Job ID: 9800; Contract Title: Higher Education Associate. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
**Closing date**: July 3, 2014
**Contact**: [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14981/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/