Information Management Coordinator
Nature Conservancy of Canada
The incumbent will report to the CIO and provides subject matter expertise in
records and information management (RIM) across NCC, including photos and
similar digital records.
The most immediate priority for this position is to be a subject matter expert
for the project team of our Enterprise Content Management project, which is
expected to take most of the incumbent's time for the next 2 years. This
project will change the way that NCC creates, stores and manages records and
documents (including digital photo assets), and will create new areas for
In addition, this role is responsible for the development, implementation, and
operation of a comprehensive program for the lifecycle management of all
records from creation through to eventual disposal. (This includes both
electronic and paper records). The Information Management coordinator will
liaise with the RIM Project Advisory Committee and be responsible for
improving NCC's Records Management efficiency and ensuring the preservation of
archives for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Play a major supporting role in the development and implementation of the Enterprise Content Management system which will be built on a Sharepoint 2013 platform.
* Be the subject matter export on Records and Information management across NCC
* Have a leadership role in support of the new Digital Asset Management system.
* Overseeing and delivering where necessary all training requirements to guide staff in all aspects of Records Management.
* Provide support to the Records and Information Management Project Advisory Committee, including preparing reports on the various RIM projects underway.
* Respond to internal and/or external information enquiries and work with IT department to resolve any information access issues
* Manage the retention and disposition of records/documents.
* Help in defining and streamlining workflows and make decisions on development of any new file types or metadata being requested in the ECM system.
* Be the approval point for the creation of any newly defined record types in the new ECM system.
* Periodic review & monitoring of compliances with record policies.
Required Skills and Attributes:
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
* Diploma or certificate in Archive studies, Records & Information Management, librarian studies (or a related field) from a recognized institution would be an asset.
* Knowledge of best practices for managing records in all media, Canadian (federal) and (Provincial) legislation affecting the management of records, and RIM standards.
* Practical experience operating within an organization that has implemented RIM, Content or Knowledge management technologies
* Practical, pragmatic and realistic approach to records management, taxonomy and information management skills would be key
* Knowledge of RIM technologies, particularly Microsoft SharePoint (and preferably SharePoint 2010 or 2013).
* Communication (including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to staff members so that they understand the issue and requirements) is imperative. In addition change management expertise would be helpful
* Previous experience in consulting with internal stakeholders to identify RIM requirements and propose solutions.
* Strong interpersonal skills are necessary, as is the ability to influence.
* Good problem solving and analytical skills
* Good judgment and decision making skills
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism.
* Previous experience in developing and delivering RIM training.
* Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing RIM policies, procedures, and other tools (e.g. Records Classification Schemes).
* French language ability would be an asset
* Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. AIIM)
Salary range: $35,000 to $45,000
Additional information :
The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is a private, non-profit organization
that prides itself on its entrepreneurial, science-based approach to achieving
conservation success through direct action. Since 1962, NCC and its supporters
have protected more than 2.6 million acres (1 million hectares) of
ecologically significant land across CanadaNCC has experienced dramatic growth
in recent years, and is now listed as the 13th largest non-profit organization
in Canada, with a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across
Organization web site: http://www.natureconservancy.ca
Application URL: http://www.natureconservancy.ca/en/who-we-
Apply by email: [log in to unmask]
Application deadline: Jun 20 2014
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15138/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/