Java Developer - Multiple Positions and Multiple Levels Open
ProQuest is hiring developers at multiple levels for a team developing next-
generation content ingestion processes, systems, and pipelines to support new
products and product improvements. The Senior Developers will help with the
architectural/high-level design of large-scale, complex n-tier scalable
systems in a 24x7 production environment.
**Some of what you'll be doing:**
* Participate in the design and architectural decisions for projects
* Produce documentation to support the design and development of new systems
* Involve and contribute towards investigation and implementation of new technologies and tools to enhance and facilitate ProQuest's content and product development efforts
* Work as a team member in a challenging project environment
**What you'll need to be successful:**
* 5+ years working with JAVA (Java 5 or higher) with a focus on high performance
* Strong background with multiple data formats and schemas (both read and create) (XML, SGML, MARC, etc.)
* Experience with databases such as Oracle, MySQL, etc.
* Experience with distributed systems and application development
* Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
* Work experience dealing directly with internal customers or external partners
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
* Ability to work in team setting
* Ability to give attention to detail
* Bachelors Degree in computer science is preferred
* Experience as a Technical Lead
* Experience with Cloud Implementation using AWS
* Experience with Informatica tools including B2B Data Exchange (DX), PowerCenter and DT Studio
* Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
* Experience in application development using Wicket, Bootstrap and AngularJS and system integrations
* Experience with J2EE development
* Experience with Java server side processing for high volume content handling, XML technologies and JMS
* Scrum Certification (Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Developer)
* Lean Six Sigma certification
* Capacity to learn and master new technology
* Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
**Here's what you want to know about ProQuest**
_Fantastic people:_ Where smart is the norm and unique is
_Fun location_: Restaurants all around, within walking distance to Briarwood
Mall, and approximately 3 miles from Downtown Ann Arbor.
_Great benefits_: On-site events,
flexible scheduling and wellness programs, plus Bike to work benefits.
_Awesome office environment:_ Nice office, jeans are the
norm and unlimited complimentary coffee and tea for the caffeine craved
_Amazing company_: Annual compensation reviews, generous
bonuses, along with being voted as one of the Top Places to Work by Detroit
Free Press, three years in a row!
** About ProQuest**
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide
seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of
the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of
serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social
science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The
company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves
beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content--
accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn't quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on
our "Career" page under About Us. ProQuest's corporate
office is located in Ann Arbor, MI.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15174/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/