Digital Assets Coordinator
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
The Digital Assets Coordinator oversees the digitization of archival
materials, manage the digital assets of the State Archives and perform high
resolution scans on archival collections. Working with the Assistant Director
for Archives and division staff, explores and develops digital imaging
opportunities within the division. Ensures the completeness and accuracy of
digitized materials. May train and supervise the work of others. Works under
limited supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and
* Oversees digitization projects;
* Coordinates digital assets of the State Archives;
* Works with the Assistant Director for Archives and Information Resources Technology staff in development of online applications for digitized collections;
* Performs high resolution digitization of archival materials;
* Works with vendors for digitization projects;
* Prepares reports and participates in special projects;
* Responds to general information inquires about agency digitization activities;
* Performs other job duties as assigned;
* Attends work regularly and in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies; and
* Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
* Prepares and conducts presentations;
* Write web site content for digital collections;
* Assists in compiling grant proposals and/or Requests for Proposals for digital reformatting projects;
* Participates in development of program goals and objectives;
* May provide digitization training in staff, interns and volunteers; and
* May supervise the work of others.
* Masters Degree in Library/Archival Science or Information Science with six semester hours of coursework in archival studies;
* One year full-time of experience managing scanning and digitization workflows;
* One year full-time of experience with digitization of documents, photographs or audio-visual materials;
* Knowledge of metadata and cataloging schema, including MARC, RDA, EAD, and Dublin Core;
* Experience working with image editing software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop);
* Knowledge or experience in operating and managing relational databases;
* Experience working with HTML and XML;
* Ability to plan and execute timetables for multiple projects that extend over periods of several months and meet deadlines by utilizing time management and efficiency;
* Ability to maintain production area to maximize work productivity;
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively with division staff, vendors, and users at various levels of technical sophistication; and
* Ability to work with little supervision to accomplish assigned tasks.
* Additional experience with digitization of library or archival materials, including paper, photographs and audio-visual materials.
* Experience with Archivists Toolkit or Archives Space or similar archival content management systems.
* Experience in program planning and implementation.
* Experience in training and supervision.
* Experience in graphic design production.
* College transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) must be submitted at the time of application;
* Must pass criminal history check;
* Writing sample required;
* Ability to occasional work overtime, including nights, weekends and holidays;
* Ability to lift 40 pounds of work related materials and manipulate large volumes and boxes; and
* Work in a non-smoking work environment.
Occasionally supervises volunteers or interns.
Supervised by the Assistant Director for Archives, Archives and Information
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15133/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/