Digital Resources and Initiatives Manager
Pittsburg State University
The Digital Resources and Initiatives Manager will:
* Provide leadership for the growth and the promotion of the Library's digital resources.
* Provide leadership for the enhancement of a shared institutional repository.
* Collaborate with other library units in the management of the library's digital collections platforms.
* Collaborate with other library units to identify potential collections to digitize.
* Seek grant and other funding sources to support digitization projects.
* Provide expertise in the development, management and promotion of library web pages, social media, mobile interfaces, digital signage, and other initiatives.
* Keep current with trends in digital library technologies, emerging technologies, learning management systems, open educational resources, preservation of digital objects, and scholarly communication issues.
Minimum Requirements: Required Qualifications:
* Masters degree in library and/or information science from an ALA accredited program or a masters degree in a relevant field.
* Minimum of two years of professional experience with the management of digitization projects or management of an institutional repository.
* Demonstrated knowledge of metadata schemas, such as Dublin Core, and of digital file formats.
* Familiarity with the development and application of web technologies.
* Demonstrated ability to write for the Web.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and a commitment to excellent service.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
* Relevant work experience in an academic library setting.
* Familiarity with intellectual property, copyright, and licensing issues that impact digitization projects.
* Experience with digital content management systems such as CONTENTdm, D-Space, or Digital Commons.
* Relevant experience with the creation and use of social media and mobile interfaces in academic library contexts.
* Successful experience with grant writing and applications.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15182/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/