Library Supervisor, Digital Initiatives
State College of Florida, Manatee–Sarasota
Provides oversight for the SCF Libraries digital initiatives. The successful
candidate serves the faculty, students, staff of the college and researchers
within the college community by developing, implementing, and maintaining new
and existing digital delivery and publishing platforms, programs, and
services. Responsibilities also include supervision of library staff, student
assistants, and volunteers at the Venice campus.
* Develops and manages the daily operations of the institutional repository and the library's digital asset management system.
* Consults with students, faculty, and researchers who want to publish materials in the institutional repository.
* Works closely with the technical services department to ensure consistent metadata across all digital platforms.
* Provides project management reponsibilty for workflows leading to production/transformation of e-content for a range of target platforms (eg. E-books, e-journals, print on demand, etc.).
* Explores partnerships and collaborations with research and higher education institutions for participation in the insititutional repository and other digital initiatives.
* Identifies and negotiates opportunities for SCF faculty , students and researchers to publish within digital repositories hosted by respected research institutions and organizations.
* Supervises the staff, students, and volunteers in the library at the Venice campus including scheduling, evaluation, and training.
* Delivers research assistance and instruction. Collaborates with faculty in the achievement of library information literacy learning objectives.
* Determines student assistant duties, hours and contract(s) for Venice campus.
* Coordinates volunteer workers for Venice campus.
* Facilitates Library Events at Venice campus.
* Reports building maintenance issues.
* Stays abreast of emerging digital initiatives and makes recommendations as appropriate
* Sets priorities, meets deadlines, and completes tasks and projects on-time and within budget by leveraging creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent from a
regionally accredited four-year college or university; three years of related
Applicant must have:
* Demonstrated successful experience managing and/or developing digital collections and publications;
* Demonstrated analytical, organizational, project, and time management skills;
* Demonstrated ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects; and
* Demonstrated ability to document relevant policies, procedures, and local standard;
* Supervisory Experience:
* At least two years of direct supervisory experience including responsibility for hiring, firing, performance management, training and coaching.
Familiar with a range of Web-based technologies, and possess demonstrable
expertise in at least one of the following: XML, XSLT, Java, HTML5, or CSS.
* Experience working in an academic library;
* Minimum of two years of professional experience in digital initiatives, digital collections, or direct experience in digital publishing;
* Experience in identifying appropriate funding opportunities, and in writing successful grant applications;
* Knowledge of new scholarly publishing models;
* Experience working with an institutional repository platform/software (e.g., Fedora, DSpace, Eprints, Digital Commons);
* Knowledge of current metadata schemas and standards such as MODS, METS, and Dublin Core including demonstrated competence with XML, and understanding of metadata principles and practices such as those found in AACR2, RDA, and other emerging metadata schemes;
* Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite particularly InDesign (CS5 or later).
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14863/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/