Digital Project Librarian
University of Texas–Pan American
Scope of Job
To manage daily operations related to the digitization, cataloging,
classification, and access of archival materials.
Description of Duties
* Creates, manages and organizes digitization projects.
* Catalogs and classifies digitized print, audio-visual and oral history.
* Creates and maintains a website for the digitized items.
* Seeks permission for copyrighted material for digitizing.
* Works in collaboration with other area libraries and museums for digitization of some archival collections.
* Writes grant in collaboration with other area libraries and museums.
* Supervises assigned full and part time staff.
* Participates in various library committees.
* Attends workshops and conferences related to digitization projects.
* Works on collection development for subject area(s).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Master's degree from an ALA accredited university in Library and Information
One (1) year of experience in digitizing and handling archival materials.
Knowledge of writing and administrating grants. Strong knowledge of computer
use in regards to classifying and preserving materials online.
Use of standard office equipment. Knowledge of how to use scanners and
software to save the created images. Knowledge of creating and maintaining web
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office
May be required to work night and/ or weekends. Some travel might be required.
Organizational abilities to manage diverse and simultaneous projects.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Employment Category Full-Time Minimum Salary Posted Salary Commensurate with
Position Available Date 07/01/2014
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14961/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/