Digital Access and Systems Librarian
Getty Research Institute
Digital Access and Systems Librarian (Business
The Getty Research Institute (GRI) seeks a highly skilled, creative, and agile
person to provide technical leadership and support for the core library and
discovery/access systems. Reporting to the Head of Information Systems and
working collaboratively with departments across the Research Institute, the
Digital Access and Systems Librarian is the technical point person for GRI's
cloud based library management system - Alma, and integration and
interoperability with our Primo discovery/access application. Responsibilities
will center on data, platform, and workflow integration and interoperability,
metadata extraction, transformation, and reuse, analytics and reporting,
search strategies and services, and problem diagnosis and resolution. The
position is the key component linking the content driven departments and
workflows with technical implementations and process oriented automated
workflows. The position also works closely with digital project and repository
staff, application administrators, and software engineers.
• Lead Alma technical development and support working with GRI Library and
Information Systems staff, Ex Libris, and other external vendors.
• Implement internal Alma scripting language, SDK, and web services for
process automation and data enhancement integrations, as well as data ingest
and merging and data extraction and reuse by external systems.
• Co-lead Primo development and enhancement work; analyze and hone current
data sources and normalization rules and add new data sources (EAD, Provenance
• Develop and implement strategy to expose Primo repository to external search
engines (Google, et al).
• Implement Primo web and X-services for external search service integrations,
metadata harvesting and reuse, and user interface redesign and development.
• Determine strategies for integration of thesauri and linked open data in
search applications such as Primo and the Getty Research Portal.
• Monitor and track advancements in the field; research, recommend, and
establish new technical strategies and standards.
• Collaborate with key GRI department heads in determining discovery/access
strengths and weaknesses, and the technical requirements, milestones, testing
methodologies and success factors in this iterative process.
• Collaborate with Museum and Getty Trust development and infrastructure
• MLS/MLIS degree or equivalent
• 5+ years experience managing/supporting integrated library systems and
• Thorough knowledge of current and emerging library technologies, standards,
workflows, and best practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge of descriptive, administrative, and technical
metadata formats and standards.
• Knowledge of web development tools and best practices.
• Strong project management skills, especially the ability to deliver projects
on-time; ability to multitask and prioritize; ability to identify, analyze,
and solve problems.
• Excellent oral and written communication and customer relations skills and
the ability to explain complex technical issues and processes to non-technical
• Knowledge of intellectual property rights and open access policies and
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15392/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/