Apologies for the cross postings . . . . .
LAC Group seeks a dynamic and experience Law Librarian (Cataloging & Technical Services) for our client, a prestigious international law firm, Downtown Los Angeles office. The Supervisor of Technical Services supervises the staff and workflows of the firm's information technical services function. This is an excellent opportunity for a technical services professional to work directly for a top organization and with creative and innovated information professionals. Experience in Academic Technical Services will be considered!
* Supervises the workflow, resources and priorities of Library Technicians; Supervises performance and sets goals, ensures continuous professional development; Performs quality assurance review of work product;
* Liaises with vendors to ensure accurate completion of library maintenance tasks;
* Oversees and develops standardized workflows within the Information Resource Management function and in collaboration with Finance to process invoices and cost recoveries and to generate audit reports; coordinates with vendors concerning account issues;
* Oversees management of library print collections, including new acquisitions, renewals, and elimination of unused materials; collaborates with local staff in US offices on library relocations and print reduction initiatives;
* Handle additional related projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree; MLS degree preferred;
* At least 4 years of experience in a professional services or law firm (preferred) library environment; Experience in Academic Technical Services will be considered!
* At least 4 years of Library-related technical services experience, including vendor relationships, accounts payable and cost recoveries;
* At least 4 years of supervisory experience, with remote team supervision preferred;
* Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite applications, specifically MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
* Advanced abilities in coordinating workflows across various offices with Library Technician staff, and planning and executing projects within time and budget constraints through to completion;
* Advanced knowledge of accounts payable standards, cost recoveries and associated procedures;
* Advanced knowledge of law firm library technical services functions, particularly management of print collections;
* Strong business acumen- have budget/expense tracking experience;
* Open minded- not set on any one idea, make recommendations to improve processes, etc.;
* Comfortable communicating with all levels both in person and through email;
* Team oriented, very organized and articulate.
For immediate consideration, please apply at: http://goo.gl/o8brJD
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies