Web and User Interface Librarian
Wayne State University
The Web and User Interface Librarian works in the Discovery Services Team
under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Discovery and
Innovation. This individual will collaborate with a wide
range of library units to develop the next generation of fully integrated and
engaging online library experiences.
**Essential Job Functions:**
● Create and optimize effective user interfaces for a wide range of library
systems including library developed discovery interfaces like the University
Libraries Digital Collection and Quicksearch discovery tool.
● Develop page, template and element designs in line with WSU Library System
and University branding.
● Provide design guidance to the Discovery Services and Digital Publishing
Teams for a wide range of web properties.
● Integrate new content for the library website and related systems.
● Create graphics, images, photographs, videos and other media to support
● Promote interface integration among library systems, such as the library
discovery layers, interlibrary loan, websites, digital collection systems, and
with campus-wide systems.
● Work with a wide range of stakeholders to iteratively test and develop user
interfaces with key user groups.
● Participate in library teams and special projects related to library
discovery, digital publishing, and user experience testing.
● Other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA- accredited
• Demonstrated design experience in a variety of digital formats, such as web
pages, discovery systems, and mobile interfaces.
• Knowledge and experience with mobile web development, notably responsive web
• Undergraduate degree concentration or equivalent experience that
demonstrates abilities in web development and mobile web development.
• Minimum one year of experience and/or formal training in Web/multimedia
• Experience with UNIX/Linux/OSX operating systems and the LAMP environment.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of passive usability tools, such as log analysis and website
● Experience working with content management systems, such as Drupal,
● Experience working with discovery platforms, such as Blacklight and VuFind
● Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
For information on how to apply please see:
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15655/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/