Integrated Library Systems (ILS) Specialist
Community College of Allegheny County
Provides quality library services to the college community by maintaining the
Integrated Library Systems (ILS).
1. Manage, up-date and trouble shoot the ILS of the College.
2. Work collaboratively with the College's Instructional Technology
3. Train the appropriate staff in using the up-dates of the ILS system.
4. Identify the appropriate security level of the access the ILS system;
delete staff who should no longer have ILS access.
5. Coordinate the up-dating of the OPAC Interphase and the electronic book
6. Participate in the publicity efforts of the library and the College.
7. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty and
8. Communicate with the technical services staff concerning cataloging and
processing of library materials.
9. Recommend assignments and their priorities for clerical staff in the
library area to the supervisors.
10. Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports pertinent to
the library area.
11. Serve on appropriate committees.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in the field of library science with a specialty in cataloging
and working with ILS, preferably SirsiDynix, from an American Library
Association (ALA) accredited graduate program; including a knowledge of
information, public and circulation services procedures; and proficiency in
the use of computers in contemporary library services. Academic library
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain
high standards of competence in the discipline, the ability to retain students
and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication
skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15327/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/