Web and User Experience Librarian
Fairfield University Library seeks a knowledgeable, creative, self-motivated,
and collaborative individual with solid front-end web skills and a passion for
user-centered design to join our service-oriented library technology team. As
a Web and User Experience Librarian, you will manage and provide direction for
all aspects of the Library online presence in creating an exceptional user
Serves as Library Webmaster; provide vision and direction for all aspects of
the Library's online presence; work collaboratively with library staff to
maintain quality online services and resources; analyze analytics data and
conduct usability studies. Monitors trends in emerging technologies.
Participates in the Library liaison program.
- MLS / MIS from an ALA-accredited program required for an appointment as a librarian. Master's degree from related field or BS degree with relevant experience acceptable.
- Three or more years demonstrated experience designing, building, and maintaining websites.
- One-year experience in library settings, preferably academic library.
- Experience with a variety of user research/usability methods.
- Experience with web analytics analysis.
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards, information architecture, content strategy for the web, and content management systems.
- Familiarity with mobile web and responsive design.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with a variety of audiences. Flexibility, creativity, energy, and ability to work in a changing environment, and with colleagues in a goal-oriented library team.
- Seasoned analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of server-side scripting language such as PHP, Python, and Ruby.
- Experience with instructional design, graphic design for both online and print.
- Ability to provide individual and group instruction on technical topics.
**CAMPUS AND LIBRARY**
Fairfield University is a comprehensive Jesuit institution that prepares
students for leadership and service in a constantly changing world. Founded in
1942 after the purchase of the adjoining estates of Jennings and Lashar off
North Benson Road in Fairfield, the University has grown from an initial class
of 303 undergraduate male students admitted to the College of Arts and
Sciences in 1947 into a coeducational university of more than 5,000
undergraduate, graduate, and continuing studies students enrolled in six
distinct schools. Along the way, the University has awarded more than 45,000
degrees since 1951, and has developed a reputation for educational excellence
both regionally and nationally. DiMenna-Nyselius Library provides access to
700,000 volumes in a state-of-the-art building.
To submit your resume, cover letter, work samples / online portfolio, and
employment application, please go to http://www.fairfield.edu/jobs , click on
Staff Opportunities, then the position you wish to apply for, and follow the
online application instructions. Preference given to applications received by
July 31. The salary exceeds the Connecticut Library Association minimum.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15441/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/