Lead Software Developer
We're a unique blend of technologists located in a fun part of Seattle
(Fremont) seeking someone who breathes and lives our core values of
accountability, collaboration, customer focus, empowerment, learning and
passion for technology. We're looking
for a lead developer passionate about content discovery, and ready to make a
difference through our discovery products that are used by libraries, faculty
and students worldwide.
As a** Lead Software Developer,** this person will draw upon their experience
and leadership skills to drive the technical execution of software projects.
This person will use their technical skills to help develop and maintain
software services and components related to discovery products, using modern
open-source technologies and development tools.
**Some of what you'll be doing:**
* Lead and mentor a small team of developers, both on-site and remote
* Identify, prioritize, and distribute work appropriately to ensure the right solution is delivered at the right time
* Design, develop, and enhance online SaaS products specifically related to content discovery and access
* Evaluate design and development proposals, suggest viable options, estimate work, create project documentation, implement designs, execute project deliverables and follow through with stakeholders
* Evaluate, disseminate, and integrate improved standards, specifications, and technologies into existing processes and methodologies
* Participate (as needed) in creating and improving infrastructure to address system performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of the products
* Quickly analyze, prioritize, and address any errors reported by clients, support and/or content providers
**What you'll have experience doing:**
* Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, plus at least 6 years' related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 2+ years experience of leading/mentoring teams
* Strong Programming skills in Java and JSP
* Proven ability to own, manage, and take responsibility for the success of code bases
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent (written and verbal) communication skills
* Ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
* Masters' degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* Familiarity/experience with Agile development methodologies, unit testing and continuous integration.
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux and shell scripting, and scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
* Experience with using SQL databases.
* Familiarity with XML
**Here's what you want to know about the Seattle office**
_Fantastic people:_ Where smart is the norm and unique is
_Fun location_: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across
the street from Fremont's best pub
_Great benefits:_ Plus some unique stuff like monthly
transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness
_Awesome office environment:_ Nice office, jeans are the
norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
_Amazing company_: Annual compensation reviews, generous
bonuses, and active "Green Team" and good morale
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide
seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of
the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of
serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social
science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The
company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves
beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content--
accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn't quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on
our "Career" page under About Us. ProQuest's corporate
office is located in Ann Arbor, MI.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16325/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/