IT Administrator I, Library Discovery & Technical Services (DTS)
University of Tennessee
* As a member of the library Discovery & Technical Services (DTS) department, this position will report to the IT Analyst III and work independently and collaboratively on the library's enterprise discovery system (Primo) as well as its back-end information management system (Alma). Using accepted programming techniques and systems analysis, this position is responsible for:
* Developing and designing the web interface of the Primo discovery system
* Creating and managing automated record loaders for the Alma information management system
* Developing APIs for integrating library systems with other campusi nformation systems for the purpose of data exchange and updates
This position will serve on a working group dedicated to improving the
library's Primo discovery interface. In this capacity, the IT Administrator I
will provide technical and design solutions for the Primo discovery system;
serve as a primary liaison between the Discovery Unit of DTSand the
Acquisitions and Cataloging Units of DTS; and create programming solutions for
a wide variety of vendor-provided data in different formats(MARC, XML, EDI,
etc.). In addition, this person will work closely with the Office of
Information Technology (OIT) to implement system integration between library
systems and other campus information systems. This position also will be
responsible for working extensively with the system vendor(s) for
troubleshooting, configuring, and developing the library's enterprise systems.
Responsibilities / Duties:
System Development, Programming, and Integration 80%
Library discovery system (Primo)
* Implement development and design decisions to the library's discovery interface.
* Update and maintain underlying system code to conform with vendor system changes and design changes.
* Implement new system functionality provided by the system vendor on an as-needed basis.
* Create new system functionality using accepted programming techniques on an as-needed basis.
* Work closely with support staff from the system vendor to report and troubleshoot problems with Primo.
Library information management system (Alma)
* Configure existing system functionality as well as create custom programs that load data into the library information system. This includes bibliographic record files, orders, invoices, patron information, etc.
* Develop and implement programming solutions that integrate the library information management system with other campus systems for the purpose of data exchange. These other systems include Banner (Bursar's Office/OIT), SAP/Iris (Treasurer's Office/OIT), and LDAP (OIT). Work closely with staff from OIT to develop standards and ensure that data security procedures are being followed.
* Work closely with support staff from the system vendor to report and troubleshoot problems with Alma.
Consulting,Training, and Support 20%
* Consultation across library departments and working groups to design and program enterprise systems for improved usability for library users.
* Collaborate within committees and task forces to design services that meet the needs of library users.
* Prepare documentation to help with support of services.
* Participate in support of critical services during off-hours.
* Bachelor's degree; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
* 1-2years systems analysis and/or programming experience.
* Excellent problem-solving skills;and strong analytical abilities
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work independently on several projects at once; to work collaboratively; and to learn and adapt new technologies
* Experience with or knowledge of enterprise server environments
* Experience with JQuery; and experience working with XML data and schemas
* Experience in an academic library computing setting
* Knowledge of library-specific data standards such as MARC21
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16216/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/