Senior Librarian M16
Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Library System
Lead, oversee and participate in the more complex and difficult work of staff
responsible for providing a wide variety of public services to library patrons
and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Master's degree with major course work in library or information science from
an American Library Association (ALA) certified institution, plus three (3)
years library patron service or cataloging experience to include one (1) year
designing and maintaining a complex interactive website.
Designing and maintaining a complex interactive website in an academic, public
or special library, bookstore environment preferred.
Possession of a New Mexico Driver's License (Class D), or the ability to
obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six months of hire date.
* Principles and practices of library circulation and reference resources including electronic resources
* Local, regional and national information resources and retrieval systems
* Principles and practices of an integrated library system (ILS)
* Methods and techniques of web design and on-line services
* Methods and techniques of system-wide training
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
* Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports
* Work independently in the absence of supervision
* Understand and follow oral and written instructions
* Communicate clearly and concisely
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
* Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16237/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/