Metadata Management/Cataloging Librarian
University of California, Santa Barbara
The University of California, Santa Barbara, seeks a Metadata
Management/Cataloging Librarian to provide leadership in planning and managing
library metadata quality assurance and authority control. This position will
work to ensure the metadata quality and data integrity in the Library catalog
and Alexandria Digital Research Library (ADRL), and actively participate in
conventional cataloging and the Library's NACO activities.
Responsible for initiating and directing authority control, metadata quality
control, and bibliographic database problem resolution to ensure metadata and
authority records meet local and national standards. The incumbent works
closely with other library staff to establish and document relevant policies,
procedures, and efficient workflows to support the discovery of and access to
the Library's bibliographic and digital content in the Library Catalog and
Alexandria Digital Research Library through metadata quality assurance,
enrichment, and maintenance according to local and national cataloging and
metadata standards. Actively participates in creating or modifying NACO
authority records and other name identifier records.
* Master's degree from an ALA accredited program or foreign equivalent.
* Minimum two years of professional cataloging experience.
* Professional understanding and knowledge of non-MARC metadata schemas, standards, best practices, and their applications.
* Familiarity with name authority/identifier schemas, such as NACO, ORCID, ISNI, etc.
* Working knowledge and experience with data processing and transformations of XML records using XSLT or other technologies.
* Reading knowledge of one or more foreign languages.
* Experience managing authority control processes and/or vendor services.
* Familiarity with batch loading, editing, crosswalking of metadata records using tools, such as MarcEdit, Oxygen XML Editor.
* Familiarity with ALEPH ILS.
* Experience and ability to provide cataloging-related training to staff members.
* Experience working directly with software programmers on development projects.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The
University has an excellent retirement system which is coordinated with Social
Security. A selection of group health, dental, vision, and
life insurance plans are offered by the University. The
incumbent will be a member of the LX Collective Bargaining Unit represented by
the American Federation of Teachers.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16338/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/