Still Accepting Applications : Web Applications Programmer at Northeastern University Libraries
**Web Applications Programmer**
The **Web Applications Programmer** has responsibility for designing,
programming, and/or adapting existing web tools to augment and enhance the
Library's various web-based systems. This position
maintains key digital architecture in Drupal, WordPress, and Omeka, as well as
contributing to the development of other core services, such as the Digital
Repository Service, remote service systems, and the online
catalog. He or she works collaboratively with library
colleagues as well as colleagues in ITS and across campus, and participates in
an ongoing evaluation of emerging academic and library
technologies. This is a 2-year position with a strong
possibility of extended funding.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field (or equivalent experience).
* Excellent knowledge of database-driven web development using PHP.
* Significant experience with Drupal and WordPress, including customization of associated modules.
* Experience with Omeka preferred.
* Experience with Git/Github and other web development and testing platforms
* Knowledge of current web development standards and cross platform compatibility and accessibility techniques.
* Experience with Open Source software.
* Ability to work in an API environment and experience with SOAP and/or REST desirable.
* Excellent oral and written skills to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and prepare project documentation to support training and best practices encoding guidelines
* Strong interpersonal skill; ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines.
* Experience with IT in a library or higher education setting desirable.
**About Northeastern University Libraries**
The Northeastern University Library is at the hub of campus intellectual life.
Resources include over 900,000 print volumes, 500,000 e-books, and 60,000
electronic journals. The Snell Library building welcomes 1.5 million visitors
a year on the Boston campus and the library's web site serves users around the
world. The library provides award-winning research and instructional services,
a growing focus on networked information, and extensive special collections
that document social justice efforts in the Greater Boston area. The library
has an ambitious vision to expand its digital initiatives by developing its
digital repository, digitizing unique collections, constructing integrated
collaborative spaces, and fostering the adoption of digital media and the
creation of new knowledge. The Northeastern University Library leads the way
in redefining library service in the 21st century. For more information,
please visit www.library.northeastern.edu.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university
located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide
experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that
meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education
programs--our signature cooperative education program, as well as student
research, service learning, and global learning--build the connections that
enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a
comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees
through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. See
To apply for this position, and to view job grade and salary information,
please visit: [https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/29979](https://neu.peoplea
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University.
Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities,
women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern
University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16429/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/