Texas Tech University
This position is responsible for the development of website
standards and best practices for the library web presence.
The person also participates in providing access to library materials acquired
by the University Libraries and contributes to the development of departmental
policies and procedures. The incumbent is also expected to engage in scholarly
pursuit and other professional activities in accordance with Texas Tech
Library's standards for promotion and tenure.
• Maintains excellent written and oral communication with library
staff. Disseminates information that is clear to all levels
of library staff in the form of email updates, attendance at staff meetings
and other appropriate means.
• Works closely with the supervisor, appropriate teams and departments to
establish and refine associated policies, procedures, and workflows.
• Investigates, evaluates, and recommends systems and standards for the
website. Leads the ongoing development of website standards
and best practices. Provides recommendations on the
implementation of new web services and systems. Tracks
developments of library website standards and facilitates access to resources
through website development.
• Implements suitable web standards. Ensures quality,
consistency, and ease of access to all library website supported systems and
• Assists in setting policies, priorities and practices for the library
website and how systems are integrated.
• Coordinate with others who are doing research on the website or are looking
to use web statistics as assessment tools.
• Provides training in the area of web content creation and management and
• Participates in the development, design, deployment and support of web
• Participates in the development and implementation of library policies and
procedures, project planning and staff training as needed.
• Stays abreast of current developments in library issues through active
participation in professional organizations and workshops.
Monitors professional trends in assigned areas and makes recommendations in
• Serves on library committees and cross functional teams as assigned.
• Writes reports and prepares other documentation as needed.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required: Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA
accredited program. Preferred: Must have knowledge of website standards and
other emerging internet trends; knowledge of website implementation and
management techniques. Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent oral
and written communication skills and training abilities. Working knowledge of
standard computer office applications such as Microsoft Outlook, MS Office
Suite, or other productivity software; the ability to work creatively,
collaboratively and effectively both as a team member and independently to
promote teamwork among colleagues at all levels. Strong knowledge of HTML and
CSS. Demonstrated project management and problem-solving
Familiarity with Usability practices and Accessibility standards highly
preferred as well as experience producing and customizing a quality ADA-
compliant website within a Content Management System.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15995/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/