The Modern Language Association of America seeks a Director of Information
Systems to establish and oversee the association's technical vision. Under
the supervision of the executive director, the director manages the
operating environment and drives operational efficiencies, collaborates
with colleagues on new product innovation and development, and aligns the
association’s technology strategy with its mission by implementing and
managing reliable and scalable technology infrastructure, applications, and
processes. The director also establishes and manages key metrics for
analyzing user experience and for measuring and optimizing user
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• At least 5 years’ experience in technical project management, with 3
years of increasingly responsible managerial experience. Some experience in
an information-publishing environment preferred.
• Working knowledge of enterprise applications, databases, development
tools and environments, frameworks and scripting languages, and open-source
• Working knowledge of enterprise and information-publishing technologies,
trends, and best practices.
• Working knowledge of user experience (UX) analysis and optimization.
• Experience with Lotus Notes or Oracle databases and applications a plus.
About The Modern Language Association
Founded in 1883, the Modern Language Association of America provides
opportunities for its members to share their scholarly findings and
teaching experiences with colleagues and to discuss trends in the academy.
The *MLA International Bibliography* is a database of two million
bibliographic citation records from 1926 to the present. In 2013, the
Modern Language Association launched *MLA Commons* to expand the
opportunities for its members to communicate their teaching experiences and
collaborate on scholarly research. The MLA has an annual convention, works
with related organizations, and sustains one of the finest publishing
programs in the humanities.
- intellectually stimulating work environment
- competitive salary
- generous vacation and sick time
- flexible work hours
- 403(b) retirement plan
- individual health and dental plans are offered with no shared premium
Please submit a letter of application, vitae, and the names of three
references to Rosemary G. Feal, MLA executive director, through Interfolio
using this link. <https://apply.interfolio.com/26685> The MLA is an equal
opportunity employer. Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled.