Associate Librarian - Integrated Systems Librarian (Open Rank)
Texas Tech University
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Reports directly to the Associate
Dean for Resources Management and Library Systems. Responsible for managing
the library management systems and associated products including discovery
services from either a single vendor or multiple vendors. Provide technology
support and development assistance for the library systems of the TTU
Libraries. This position's primary role supports the library application
software and services associated with management of key library functions
including the suite of Ex Libris Products and other vendor software
applications dependent on data from these systems including Discovery
* Provides oversight and long-range planning for library application software and systems.
* Develops, establishes and oversees procedures and work standards for maintenance, scheduling, troubleshooting, problem reporting and tracking.
* Advises and implements training requirements for the library staff on appropriate library software.
* Provides written reports, analyses and documentation for the library systems
* Maintains a broad knowledge of operating systems, programming languages and software.
* Leads technology-related groups or actively participates as a technology representative to cross-functional groups.
* Attends and actively participates and works across library functional areas to enable library systems support.
* Customizes applications and proposes the development of new ones and is actively involved in developing custom solutions.
* Solving service problems and development of new capabilities for the Library Management system.
* Participate in the design, coordination and support of statistical and managerial reports needed for the organization to support assessment of services and resources.
* Keep abreast of developments in library technologies to maintain current awareness of information tools in order to meet the needs of students, faculty, staff and community users of the Libraries.
* Engage in scholarly pursuits and other professional activities in accordance with Texas Tech Libraries' standards for promotion and tenure.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required: Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA
accredited program. Preferred: Experience with integrated library and/or
discovery systems. Academic library experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The position is a 12-month appointment with a nationally
competitive salary. Librarians and archivists have academic
status and are an integral part of the academic teaching and research mission
of the University. Comprehensive benefits include choice of
retirement programs, including TIAA-CREF; 12-17 state holidays; developmental
leave opportunities; moving allowance; and no state or local income tax.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Texas Tech University
(http://www.ttu.edu/) is a state-supported institution with an enrollment of
around 30,000. It offers a wide range of academic programs
in colleges and schools, including graduate, law, and
medicine. Texas Tech is a member of the Association of
Research Libraries, Greater Western Library Alliance and Texshare. The
University Library (http://library.ttu.edu/) has over 2.4 million
volumes. Lubbock has a metropolitan population of over
284,000 and is the regional center for education, agriculture, health care,
banking, and business.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: To apply for this position, please
visit the Texas Tech University Personnel site at:
http://www.texastech.edu/careers/faculty-positions.php. Please fill out the
electronic application and attach a cover letter indicating qualifications and
interest in the position, current vita, and names and contact information of
three references. Review of applications will continue until position is
Texas Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly
encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and
veterans, and we consider the needs of dual career couples. We actively
encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their
research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the
academic community at Texas Tech University.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16757/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/