**** Please excuse cross-postings ****
The ALCTS Metadata Interest Group invites speakers to present at the ALA Midwinter meeting in Chicago on Sunday, February 1, 2015 from 8:30 to 10am. Presentations will be approximately 30 minutes, including Q&A.
Our charge is to provide a broad framework for information exchange on current research developments, tools, and activities affecting networked information resources and metadata; coordinate and actively participate in the development and review of standards concerning networked resources and metadata in conjunction with the divisions, committees and sections, other units within ALA, and relevant outside agencies; and develop programs and foster and sponsor education and training opportunities that contribute to and enhance an understanding of networked resources and metadata, their identity, content, technology, access, control, and use.
Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
· Methods for normalizing and crosswalking to different schema
· Tools for metadata librarians, including those for creation and/or transformation
· Implementing linked data locally
· Managing authority data for special collections
· Improving metadata for web standards and search engine optimization
Please email proposal abstracts to program co-chairs by Friday, October 31st, 2014.
Please contact us with questions.
Head of Digital Repository Services, University of Houston Libraries
(713) 743-9685 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Digital Discovery Librarian, Utah State University
(435) 797-9458 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Santi Thompson, Head of Digital Repository Services
University of Houston
A Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>