Digital Projects Librarian at Wesleyan University
Reporting to the Systems/Emerging Technologies Librarian, this position is
responsible for heading the Library Digital Projects Lab, including the
selection, prioritization, digitization, preservation and access to unique,
world-class Wesleyan collections for the use of students, faculty and
The collections selected will not be commercially available or digitized
elsewhere, and will be of significant scholarly value within and outside
The Digital Projects Librarian will work with librarians and faculty members
to select collections to be digitized that will be of benefit to their
courses, assignments and faculty-student research projects.
* Supervise the operations of the Library Digital Projects lab, including the work of lab student workers and/or interns.
* Work with Special Collections & Archives, the World Music Archives, library liaisons,Academic Computing Managers, and faculty to select and prioritize for digitization unique Wesleyan collections for use in student and/or faculty research and assignments.
* Work with the University Archivist, Head of Cataloging and others to make accessible and preserve digitized collections, ensuring that they meet emerging national standards and comply with copyright and privacy laws.
* Establish digitization policies and procedures, and share these with other digitization initiatives within and outside Wesleyan.
* Develop and maintain professional relationships within the CTW Consortium and other institutions, exploring the possibilities of sharing processes, staff, and collections.
* Keep abreast of trends in the creation, maintenance and migration of digital collections, with a view to improving procedures, preservation and access.
* Participate in library and University committees and initiatives as appropriate.
* Master's degree in library science required.
* 1-2 years' experience working with library systems in an academic library, and a high degree of comfort learning new systems and processes.
* Demonstrated ability and experience collaborating with a variety of constituencies within an academic institution.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively online and in person using a variety of media.
* Experience collaborating and working in a team environment.
* A minimum of one year's experience handling archives and/or special collections materials is strongly preferred.
* A year or more experience digitizing materials and/or assigning metadata to digital objects.
* Significant experience resolving copyright and privacy issues involving digital objects.
* Experience working with faculty to incorporate digitized materials into their coursework.
* Experience working in or managing an institutional repository.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16781/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/