University of Nevada, Reno
The University of Nevada, Reno Libraries seek a Metadata Librarian to ensure
that the Libraries' collections are discoverable. This is a tenure-track,
academic faculty position. Reporting to the Head of Metadata and Cataloging,
the position works closely with members of the libraries' technology team. The
position is responsible for metadata-related duties across the library,
focused primarily on creating and enhancing access to the Libraries' digital
collections including University Archives, Special Collections, and other
digital content. The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of ability
to design and manage projects, solve problems creatively to meet the
Libraries' priorities, and a strong service orientation and interest in
library users' values and needs.
* ALA accredited Master's degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent
* Two years of professional experience in library and/or archival metadata
* Demonstrated experience in creating, editing and evaluating metadata in non-MARC schema such as Dublin Core, MODS, METS, EAD, TEI, or VRA
* Working knowledge of current and emerging national cataloging standards and concepts, including MARC, RDA, controlled vocabularies, FRBR, linked data, etc.
* Experience successfully engineering crosswalks from one metadata scheme to another
* Demonstrated project management skills
Salary: $60s, DOE. TIAA/CREF and other retirement options; 24 days annual
leave; generous sick leave policy; tuition benefits for self and family; no
state income tax or FICA.
The University of Nevada, Reno, is a land-grant University and a major
research institution in the state, with a student body of over 19,000. The
University is situated in Reno, a metropolitan area of nearly 400,000, on the
eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. The city is conveniently
located 38 miles from Lake Tahoe, a world-class skiing area with limitless
summer and winter recreational opportunities.
Applications are accepted online at https://www.unrsearch.com/postings/16239.
Application deadline is October 13, 2014. AA/EEO. Women, under-represented
groups, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Newly hired faculty must have their official transcript of their highest
degree sent by the degree granting institution(s) directly to University of
Nevada, Reno Human Resources within 30 calendar days from the effective date
of employment. References will be verified for finalists in the application
process. Incumbent will be required to pass a background check.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16727/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/