District Media Specialist Coordinator
Indianapolis Public Schools
The District Media Coordinator will provide leadership in 21st century skills
for Regional Media Specialists (REMS) and building level media specialists.
The District Media Coordinator will support and train REMS and building level
media specialists in developing comprehensive media programs inclusive of the
use of technology in instruction. Employee provides leadership in the
development, implementation and evaluation of the library media program to
benefit the system's total educational program.
* Coordinates the library media program for the school system
* Provides effective leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating plans for a comprehensive, system wide school library media program
* Maintains current knowledge of technology and instructional practices that relate to the use of technology
* Provides resource information relating to new techniques and practices that relate to the use of technology and that enable students to use technology as a learning tool
* Develops and executes the library media services budget for library technical services, professional library materials, and audiovisual equipment
* Coordinates the selection and purchase of core collections for new library media centers
* Works with REMS and library media specialists to design and implement short and long range plans to ensure balance among teaching, instructional technology, collaboration, collection development and program management.
* Master's degree in Instructional Technology, Library Science, or related field
* Minimum of 9 to 14 years teaching and library media services experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
* Must have strong understanding of emerging technologies and integrating technology into the curriculum
Valid Indiana Library Media Services License or Valid license from another
state with ability to obtain IN licensure
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16839/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/