Tribal Digital Archives Curriculum Coordinator
Washington State University
This position will assist in the development, coordination and promotion of a
fifteen month curriculum focused on emphasizing the lifecycle of digital
preservation and access with specific attention to tribal needs and relevant
issues. Reports to the Head of Digital Scholarship and Curation (DSC). DSC is
a new unit within the Libraries that encompasses all of the digital projects,
assets and collections that the Libraries creates and maintains. In a broader
context, the formation of DSC recognizes existing collaborations between the
Libraries and the College of Arts and Sciences and signals an expanded
relationship in the future.
With the support and direction of WSU Libraries and College of Arts and
Sciences faculty involved with the project this position will assist in
coordinating the curriculum for a 15-month training program aimed at Tribal
heritage institutions at the beginning stages of digitizing their collections.
The digital materials created for the cohorts will be accessed through a CMS
called Mukurtu (www.mukurtu.org). Specifically, this position will:
1. Create learning materials to be used for in-person and virtual trainings in
conjunction with colleagues with expertise in relevant areas or individually
as needed to support the training of the cohorts in the lifecycle of digital
preservation and access.
2. Develop tailored instruction to meet the needs of individual cohorts.
3. Deliver training in-person and virtually.
4. Assess the effectiveness of all instruction materials and revises content
and delivery as appropriate.
5. Participate in the "data audition" activities at Tribal facilities to gain
an understanding of cohort member's collections and infrastructure prior to
moving through the training program.
6. Support cohort members with their use of Mukurtu, as it relates to their
movement through the training.
7. Provide advice and/or assistance on the application of metadata standards
for describing unique collections.
8. Provides timely reports to the Head of DSC.
Scholarship, Service, & Professional Development:
Participate in appropriate scholarship, faculty governance, and service as a
library faculty member; engage in library-wide initiatives as appropriate;
maintain current awareness of trends and advancements in academic
librarianship, and actively participate in appropriate meetings and
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/17134/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/