Digital Library Software Developer
The full job announcement can be seen at:
Purdue University Libraries seeks a Digital Library Software Developer to join
our team at the Distributed Data Curation Center (D2C2) to further the
development of our cutting-edge research data repository service, PURR.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Ability to identify and learn technologies relevant to digital libraries
* Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, web design, software development
* Demonstrated mastery of at least one programming language
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
* Experience with PHP, Joomla, java, perl, and/or MySQL
* Previous experience with library or knowledge management systems is desirable but not required.
Salary and Benefits: This is an exempt, administrative/professional position
with salary commensurate with experience and the university's salary
structure. Purdue offers a generous fringe benefit package that includes
contribution to retirement, health, disability, and life insurance, 22 annual
vacation days, and tuition support for employee, children, and spouse/same sex
Application Process: To be considered for the position, applications must be
made through Purdue University's employment web site,
http://www.purdue.edu/hr/careers and reference position ID 1402464. Please
include a cover letter with your application outlining your qualifications for
this position. Review of applications will begin September 9, 2014, and will
continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to
[log in to unmask] Resumes sent to this email address cannot be considered.
Please put "DLSD" in the subject line of all email correspondence.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/16589/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/