Information Librarian / Digital Learning & Emerging Technologies
Northwest Missouri State University
The Information Librarian / Digital Learning & Emerging Technologies position
is a highly collaborative and service-oriented position. The primary role is
to identify learning and engagement opportunities to support student research
and promote success, explore and implement emerging information technologies
to advance library services, and improve access to online resource. The
librarian teaches in the library information literacy curriculum, contributes
to library's web services, serves as a liaison to academic departments, and
provides research service, which includes evening and weekend hours.
* Lead cross-functional library marketing group to plan, develop, expand, and evaluate internal marketing strategies to promote increased awareness and impact of library services and resources through department, campus, and outreach opportunities by employing informed, contemporary, innovative communication/advertising print and social media best practices.
* Collaborates with library and University colleagues to employ industry best practices, and consistent technical standards to monitor and improve the library's web design to provide an accessible, innovative, user-friendly web site.
* Partners with University Relations for external marketing initiatives
* Serve as liaison to a number of disciplines, monitor collection development and collaborate with university colleagues on procurement of appropriate materials to support curriculum and research in those areas.
* Partner with co-workers and academic faculty to deliver general education and subject-specific academic research instruction in-person and online, utilizing course management software, responsive web development tools, and library course guides to create research content for the curriculum and online instructional materials supporting departmental mission and vision for academic achievement.
* Effectively assist patrons with their information needs through personalized face-to-face and virtual research services.
* Serve on library, institutional, and consortial working groups as necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Education: ALA accredited MLS/MLIS
* Experience: Experience in an academic library setting; demonstrated experience in completing projects in a team environment;
* Skills: Strong customer service, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; strong analytical abilities
* Education: ALA accredited MLS/MLIS with a 2nd master's degree
* Experience: Three to five years of experience in an academic library; experience supervising student employees
* Skills: Exceptional customer service, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; excellent analytical abilities
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/17583/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/