System Engineer |
The System Engineer has a wide range of responsibilities and oversees
maintenance and administrator of Windows servers. Sets up, configures, tunes,
and troubleshoots servers; upgrades and patches system hardware and software;
maintains backup systems and desktop images; analyzes systems operations for
improving efficiency, working with vendors and Network Operations personnel to
correct problems; acts as a technical resource/advisor for end users; ensures
compliance with industry and standards for system security. Maintains and
administers computer networks and related computing environments including
computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all
configurations. Participates in the rotating "on call" schedule with other
members of the team for providing support to the business and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administration of the following systems as it relates to major improvements,
enhancements and architectural design and implementation:
* Window Server Systems
* Active Directory (Maintenance and Integration)
* Server Virtualization (VMware)
* Exchange Administration
* Backup Systems Administration
* Data Center Hardware (Server, racks, etc.)
* Application and Desktop Virtualization (Citrix)
* Storage Management (Netapp)
* Endpoint, Server and Network Security Systems
* Oversee and provide technical direction for installation and configuration or server hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* Document and maintain system technical standards.
* Work with team members and vendors to research and recommend innovative solutions to meet business requirements on both a project and operational basis.
At least three years' experience in setting up, configuring, tuning, and
troubleshooting servers; upgrading and patching system hardware and software;
maintaining backup systems and desktop images; analyzing systems operations
for improving efficiency; and working with vendors and Network Operations
personnel to correct equipment/service problems. (Must have experience with
cloud concepts (both public and private cloud), Cloud server, storage and
networking systems, AWS or similar.)
Bachelor's degree and five years of related experience or equivalent.
Comprehensive experience in systems administration with VMware, Windows
servers, as well as OS X and Windows desktops. Solid understanding of
networking fundamentals and security; experience with video encoding and
streaming media is a plus. Must learn new technologies quickly and maintain a
reliable and methodical approach to troubleshooting. Must have a highly
positive customer service orientation, work well with others, a performance
record of reliability and promptness, and a willingness to provide emergency
support off-hours when necessary.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/17907/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/