Kansas Historical Society
The Kansas State Historical Society seeks to hire a Digital Archivist to
support the State Research Collections Division's management of born-digital
and digitized archival collections, including but not limited to the Kansas
Memory digital archives.
Duties will include:
• Performing and managing the selection and description of archival
collections for digital conversion.
• Performing and managing the digital conversion and online delivery of born-
digital and digitized archival collections.
• Assisting with the functional development of the digital repository and its
• Managing the internal circulation of a large volume of archival material for
the purposes of digitization.
• Supervising imaging technicians, volunteers and interns.
• Developing and implementing processes and procedures for the selection,
description, conversion, and dissemination of born digital and digitized
• Developing and implementing policies and technical standards for the
creation, acquisition, storage, management, and preservation of born digital
and digitized archival collections.
• Promoting the Society's digital programs through remote and onsite
Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program for library and information
science and/or Master's degree in history or related discipline.
• digital archival and records management principles and practices, including
issues related to intellectual property, digital conversion, content
management, access, and preservation.
• digital repository platforms and relational databases with the ability to
develop functional requirements for programmers building new database
applications and content management systems.
• digital imaging standards, practices and procedures, including digital
content creation and editing tools.
• data structure standards relevant to archival control of digital collection
material including EAD, Dublin Core, MODS, METS, PREMIS.
• standards and procedures for the description and arrangement of archival
collections including standards for descriptive metadata such as MARC, DACS,
and Dublin Core.
• Kansas and U.S. history with the ability to articulate complex historical
issues and events objectively and concisely.
• archives and special collections reference techniques and best practices.
• historical research methods.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18259/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/