Library Applications Developer
Chemical Heritage Foundation
The Chemical Heritage Foundation is recruiting for the newly created position
of LibraryApplications Developer. The
Library Applications Developer will work collaboratively
withCHF's new digital library team and consultants to lead
the development of the digitalinfrastructure that will
manage, preserve and provide access to CHF's diverse digital
assets(images, audio, visual files, texts and 3D
objects.) The Library Applications Developer
willoversee all technical aspects related to the
installation, customization, and maintenance of Hydra,an
open source digital repository system comprised of a Fedora Commons, Solr,
Blacklight andRuby on Rails technology
stack. Additionally, this position will be responsible for
maintaining,documenting and troubleshooting code for
customizing other open source library software
andapplications, including ArchivesSpace.
**The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:**
* Bachelor degree in Computer/Information Science or a related field; or an equivalentcombination of education and related work experience.
* Demonstrated strong proficiency in a major language such as PHP, Ruby or Python.
* Previous experience working with Apache, Solr, MySQL, Ruby on Rails and RESTfulweb APIs.
* Must have experience running Linux in a production environment.
* Demonstrated experience working with software stack architecture, such as OpenStack orLAMP.
* Familiarity with a variety of data exchange formats, XML, RDF and/or JSON.
* Strong communications skills, including ability to speak on the topic with non-technicalindividuals.
* Previous experience working in library, museum or cultural institution, preferably withdigital repository or asset management software, is a plus.
**To be considered for this position**, please send cover letter with salary expectations andresume/CV to:
[[log in to unmask]](mailto:LibraryAppDeveloper2014@chem
- CHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
The Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) is a non-profit organization that
preserves thehistory and heritage of science, technology
and industry, with a focus on the sciences andtechnologies
shaping material innovation. In bridging science and
technology with thehumanities, arts and social sciences,
CHF is committed to building a vibrant,
internationalcommunity of scholars; creating a rich source
of traditional and emerging media; expandingthe reach of
our museum; and engaging the broader society through inventive public
CHF is located in the heart of beautiful Independence National Historical Park
in Philadelphia.For further information, visit our website
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18260/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/