Application / Digital Object Repository Developer
Job Description - Application / Digital Object Repository Developer
Qualitative Data Repository (QDR)
Center for Qualitative and Multi-Method
Inquiry, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
The Qualitative Data Repository (QDR, www.qdr.org) curates, manages, archives,
and preserves digital data (and accompanying documentation) generated through
qualitative and multi-method research in the social sciences. A list of the
types of data QDR stores can be found here: https://qdr.syr.edu/deposit/data.
QDR also hosts the Methods Coordination Project
(https://qdr.syr.edu/mcp), a bibliographic resource covering a range of data-
collection techniques and analytic methods employed in the social sciences.
We are looking for a developer to join our small, dedicated, entrepreneurial
team with responsibilities for researching, designing, and building technical
solutions to support QDR's functions.
Application / Repository Developer
* Assess existing website and repository and make specific recommendations for design.
* Provide input to and evaluate work done by developers migrating current CMS from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7 and carrying out related development.
* Provide tool development, maintenance, and support services for ongoing application development.
* Participate in continued development of applications for storing, managing, retrieving, and presenting content.
* Provide quality assurance for active developments, execute test plans, and resolve bugs and issues.
* Provide timely and thorough technical documentation, and keep all documentation current.
* Attend meetings and carry out other duties as assigned.
* Experience in web application development.
* Experience with large-scale digital object repository architecture.
* Solid understanding of relational database architecture.
* Ability to translate software requirements into functional applications.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
* Bachelors degree in a technical field
* Fedora Data Repository, Islandora APIs
* Linux (Debian/Ubuntu preferred)
* Basic familiarity with metadata schemas
* Experience working in educational institutions
* Short-term contract with possibility for extension.
* 20 hours/week.
* Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
* Remote work OK; meetings routinely held on Skype.
How to Apply
Please email the following to [log in to unmask] (including
"Application / Repository Developer" in the subject line):
* Your resume
* Salary requirements
* Portfolio (Github, drupal.org etc.)
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18237/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/