The Digital Archivist will be a member of a team and will be responsible for
the planning and implementation of a digital asset management system for the
archival collections of electronic and digital media. You will also manage the
cataloging of content in the department's digital collections. Content
includes video, audio, graphics, and still image files.
This position is central to the care of digital media and necessary to ensure
access to the media onward into the 22nd century. The candidate must have a
working knowledge of digital asset management, video production, anticipate
the needs of the production teams and prepare media for electronic and video
production use. Direction will mainly come from Sr. Mgr., Archives and Media
Producer and the access/retrieval process must be efficient and seamless
through the development of proper folder and file naming structure.
* Responsible for the organization and maintenance of a growing collection of digital assets serving video production.
* Contributes to development and documentation of best practices, standards, procedures, and workflows for digital reformatting and preservation of all electronic media including born-digital collections and their organization, storage, and retrieval.
* Monitors production files and creates proper folder organization and file naming, managing metadata to ensure consistencies and easier recall of assets in the future.
* Ensures completed jobs are systematically archived by obtaining all final materials and any necessary
* Working project files and organized properly in centralized electronic file.
* Reconciles production image files to existing Archives Digital Asset library.
* Prioritizes assignments based on knowledge of video and visual display production needs and business-driven projects.
* Provides video production assistance on Mac Final Cut Pro as well as related multimedia programs.
Education and Experience
* Graduate degree in library science with a concentration in archival management or other related field.
* Knowledge of video, audio, graphic, and still production.
* Five or more years of experience in an archive or library working with electronic/digital resources.
Skills and Knowledge
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well in a self-directed manner and as part of a team.
* Demonstrated knowledge of archives principles and practices in digital formats. Knowledge of archival description and metadata standards.
* Proficiency in database management, Access and Excel. Comfortable working on both PCs and MACs.
* Proficiency in Final Cut Pro and in PhotoShop.
* Highly organized and analytical to meticulously maintain a detailed corporate record-keeping system.
* Technical proficiency in using state-of-the-art computer based systems and software including multimedia and content management programs.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18170/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/