Digital Projects and Metadata Librarian
Chemical Heritage Foundation
The Chemical Heritage Foundation is recruiting for the newly created position
of Digital Projects
and Metadata Librarian. The Digital Projects and Metadata
Librarian will collaborate with
CHF's digital library team and other departments across the institution to
metadata and imaging standards. As the in-house metadata
expert, the Digital Projects and
Metadata Librarian will create and implement standards for CHF, and train
staff on controlled
vocabularies and best practices. Additionally, the Digital
Projects and Metadata Librarian will
oversee the ingesting of diverse digital assets (images, audio and visual
files, texts and 3D
objects) into CHF's new Hydra-based digital repository, assist with rights and
requests, and participate in larger digitization projects across the
**The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:**
* Masters degree in Library and/or Information Science, or other related field.
* Minimum of 2 years work experience with digital collections.
* Demonstrated record of success in managing the daily operations of a digital repositoryor asset management system is required; experience with born-digital materials is a plus.
* Strong proficiency in XML, RDF, and non-MARC descriptive metadata schemas such asDublin Core, MODS, CCO or PBCore.
* Experience with preservation and rights metadata, preferably PREMIS.
* Experience working with Bagit or related software is a plus.
* Familiarity with national cataloguing standards (MARC and LC Authorities) and someknowledge of VIAF, VIVO, ISNI, ORCID or related Linked Data initiatives.
* Proficient understanding of copyright law, including public domain and CreativeCommons licenses.
* Experience with troubleshooting open source library software, such as Islandora, FedoraCommons, Hydra or related DAMS is a plus.
_**To be considered for this position**_, please send cover letter with salary
expectations andresume/CV to:
**[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask])**
- CHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
The Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) is a non-profit organization that
history and heritage of science, technology and industry, with a focus on the
technologies shaping material innovation. In bridging
science and technology with the
humanities, arts and social sciences, CHF is committed to building a vibrant,
community of scholars; creating a rich source of traditional and emerging
the reach of our museum; and engaging the broader society through inventive
CHF is located in the heart of beautiful Independence National Historical Park
For further information, visit our website at
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18326/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/