Central Michigan University Libraries seeks applications for the position of Director of Library Technology. The Director of Library Technology provides vision and strategic leadership for Library Systems in a team- and service-oriented environment. The Director is responsible for overseeing and managing the full life cycle of the University Libraries’ systems, applications, hardware, and web services. The Director manages the departmental budget, leads a department of six staff members, and serves as a member of the Libraries' senior management group. The Director will develop and employ strategies to ensure that the library systems support the academic needs of a 21st century university.
• Master's degree in a field related to position; or a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer information systems.
• Five years recent experience and accomplishments in information systems.
• Five years recent, successful leadership and supervisory experience.
• Evidence of the ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently.
• Demonstrated experience and achievements in project management and problem solving.
• Proven ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and projects.
• Evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Master's degree.
• Professional experience working in a library.
• Professional experience working in higher education.
• Progressive leadership experience and responsibility.
• Project management experience in an educational, technology, or library setting.
• Knowledge and understanding of library integrated systems and applications such as Innovative Interfaces Inc. Millennium or Sierra systems, Ex Libris SFX and Primo, ILLiad, OCLC, and CONTENTdm.
• Knowledge and understanding of a variety of technologies and relevant certifications: MS Office applications; Windows and UNIX computer and server operating systems; Database programming and querying; Microsoft SharePoint; Web site design and development, authoring tools, markup and scripting languages; Google Analytics or other web analytics; user interface design and usability testing course management systems.
Submit an online application using this link: https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/postings/20615
Screening of Application Materials will begin December 2, 2014
Central Michigan University was established in 1892 and is among the nation’s 100 largest public universities. As a tier-one university, CMU serves nearly 20,000 students on its Mount Pleasant campus. It also enrolls more than 7,000 students and working adults online and at 50 out-of-state locations.
CMU delivers a superior educational experience for students that is built on close relationships with faculty and staff, hands-on learning including undergraduate research, an emphasis on leadership and volunteerism, and a global perspective.
With a $440 million budget, CMU offers more than 200 academic programs from the undergraduate to doctoral levels. Premier programs include the sciences, business, accounting, health professions, communications, teacher preparation, educational leadership, engineering, neuroscience, psychology, apparel merchandising design, music, and political science. CMU in 2013 launched the nation’s 137th College of Medicine.
CMU offers top NCAA Division I athletics. The university is located in a classic college community in the heart of lower Michigan, where residents find active outdoor features, family attractions and Midwestern life in a vibrant university culture.
Kathy M. Irwin
Associate Dean of Libraries
(989) 774-6421 | [log in to unmask]
Central Michigan University | Park 407 | Mount Pleasant, MI 48859