Adult Services Librarian
Timberland Regional Library
Job Title: Adult Services Librarian - Lacey, WA
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 11/21/14 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $19.60 Hourly
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 500 College St SE, Lacey, Washington
The Lacey Timberland Library (Timberland Regional Library, Washington),
is seeking an Adult Services Librarian!
Would you like to be part of a dynamic Adult Services team offering excellent
customer service at a busy Information desk? We serve a diverse community of
over 1,100 patrons per day in our library. We provide reference assistance,
technology instruction and troubleshooting, readers' advisory services, high
interest displays, quality adult programs, and community outreach.
If you are an energetic, innovative and flexible thinker with strong
communication skills who enjoys fast-paced work in a collaborative
environment, this may be the job for you. 40 hours/week (1.0 fte) Union
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides customer assistance and reference/readers advisory services to library patrons.
* Responds to patron research inquiries in person, by telephone, and electronically.
* Conducts interviews to determine patron readers advisory and/or reference requirements; provides related assistance and recommendations.
* Participates in collection development/maintenance activities for area of assignment including weeding and rotating library materials and assessing donations for addition to the collection.
* Assists patrons in the use of library equipment, computers, databases, catalogs, print resources, and the internet; troubleshoots equipment issues as required.
* Monitors patron/staff collection requirements and processes collection requests.
* Creates and maintains book displays and/or prepares bulletin boards for area of assignment.
* Responds to general patron inquiries; interprets and explains library policies and procedures.
* Provides assistance to patrons in accessing interlibrary loan materials.
* Conducts public education classes and/or informal tutorials regarding computer use and library resources; may perform customized library tours as assigned.
* Participates in public outreach activities for area of assignment; visits community organizations and conducts presentations to promote the District's library services and resources.
* May assist with developing and delivering programming for area of assignment.
* May organize and lead book discussion groups as assigned.
* May provide assistance in maintaining the District's library subject links including reviewing, editing, adding, and/or dropping websites.
* May coordinate tax form dispersal, shelving, ordering, and weeding activities.
* May assign work duties and prepare work schedules for volunteers and/or substitute personnel as required.
* Assumes responsibility for library operations in absence of Supervisor.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education & Experience:
Master's Degree in Library Science, and some library experience; OR an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Required Knowledge of:
* Principles and practices of library science.
* Library operations, services, policies, and procedures.
* Processes and procedures relative to adult/reference services.
* Customer service standards and procedures.
* Library equipment, computer systems, databases, and software
Required Skill in:
* Performing a variety of reference and readers advisory functions.
* Assisting in ensuring the delivery of high quality library services to patrons.
* Responding to inquiries and providing customer service to the public.
* Maintaining collections and performing duties specific to area of assignment.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other staff, District departments, library patrons, and the general public.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
* Work is performed in a library environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting of objects up to 40 pounds.
* Must be able to lift, carry, and move books and/or library materials.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18073/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/