Director of Digital Programs
The Director of Digital Programs galvanizes LYRASIS' digital services
offerings to align with ourcommunities' known and unknown
needs. The position is the hub for understanding
andcommunicating library, archives, museums and other
cultural heritage institutions' digital and
generaltechnology requirements; and acts as a conduit to
transform these needs into tangible, financiallysustainable
products, services and programs. The position has a high external
engagementexpectation ensuring LYRASIS is well positioned
in our communities to identify potential opportunitieswhile
also acting as a quality control for our existing offerings. Working closely
with our digital programareas, Grants, IT, Sales, Marketing
and Fiscal teams, this position is responsible for
coordinatingexisting and new technology services across the
organization; overseeing a professional staff whoseprimary
focus and results include LYRASIS program awareness and adoption.
* Develop and manage a comprehensive digitial technology services strategy that aligns withLYRASIS overall strategic plan and meets the needs of LYRASIS' communities (libraries,archives, museums, cultural heritage organizations, vendors and potential funding partners).
* Be a strategic business technology partner for members, potential members, vendors, strategicpartners and staff.
* Lead technology engagement opportunities and activities while maintaining an influentialphysical and virtual presence with libraries, archives and museums as well as open source andother technology communities.
* Assess current and recommend new technology solutions to meet community needs or fill gapsin our digitial services offerings.
* Maintain ongoing dialogue with LYRASIS' communities and staff concerning current andemerging technology solutions under consideration for program development and delivery
* Develop, plan and implement actionable business plans to bring products to market to includewell developed pricing strategies, marketing, sales and delivery plans; working closely withDigital areas, IT, Marketing and Sales, FISCAL and Grants.
* Produce, implement and maintain a sound training and consulting plan working closely with ourDigitization and Sales teams to result in additional adoption of LYRASIS' products and services.
* Make fact-based business decisions regarding products to deploy, their financial viability, targetaudience and likely uptake projections; forecasting
* Actively participate in the budgeting process and manage approved department budget,achieving revenue goals
**_Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:_**
* Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging information technologies.
* Demonstrated experience in program and project development/management andimplementation with a stong business acumen
* Excellent collaboration, networking, and negotiation skills.
* Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills with the ability to captivate anaudience
* The ability to work successfully in group settings to facilitate discussion and build consensuswith external/internal constituancies.
* Experience developing and managing a budget.
* Master's Degree in Library Science or equivalent
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technology related field
* Experience with digital content programs, open source products for libraries, archives,musuems or other cultural heritage organizations
* Experience in SaaS solutions and/or bringing technology products to market
* Experience developing and implementing comprehensive product market strategies
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19077/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/