University of Texas at Arlington
The University of Texas at Arlington Libraries is looking for a highly
entrepreneurial individual with the experience to expand websites, explore new
platforms, and supervise other web staff. Our web development team is
responsible for developing and maintaining various websites associated with
the UTA Libraries (library.uta.edu); using various technologies, including
HTML, CSS, Drupal and Omeka to complete projects; while performing a high
level of service for internal and external customers.
• Provide vision and leadership in designing, developing and supporting the
Libraries' main website and integrating it with the larger library web
presence which includes discovery tools, digital collections, electronic
resources and other web services;
• Write advanced web authoring code and develop databases that dynamically
deliver content for the Libraries multiple websites and digital collections;
• Actively explore new and emerging technologies, recommending and
implementing best practices for an academic library environment;
• Maximize access to and use of the Libraries digital collections and other
web services through web design that improves discoverability ;
• Works closely with library and campus IT in regards to the Libraries' Drupal
Content Management System and library servers.
**Qualifications and requirements:**
• 2 years' experiencing building and modifying websites;
• Experience with Drupal or other CMS platforms preferred;
• Familiarity with HTML, PHP, CSS;
• BA or BS in related field;
• Experience supervising web or database developers;
• Entrepreneurial spirit, high sense of urgency, and flexibility;
• Strong communication skills.
Please submit applications at _http://tinyurl.com/k3lwu4o _and include a
letter of interest and a resume. Final candidate/s are required to supply a
list of professional references with contact information.
Finalists will make a formal presentation of two prior projects to the hiring
committee. The successful candidate will be required to
work some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
Apply online _http://tinyurl.com/k3lwu4o_. The posting will close no later
than March 9, 2015.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19081/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/